Hartselle City Schools
Hartselle City Schools
Hartselle City Schools!
Located in beautiful north central Alabama, the city of Hartselle with a population of approximately 14,300 is home to one of the top fifteen school districts within the state. More recently, Hartselle City Schools was named #4 of the Best K-12 Schools in the 2015 NICHE RANKINGS which indicates that the district has diverse, high-achieving students that are enrolled in advanced classes, perform well on standardized teststs, and are well prepared for college and careers. (www.alabamaschoolconnection.org ; posted January 12, 2015)
Hartselle City Schools was established in 1975 and quickly became a sought after district of educational excellence. Hartselle City Schools is dedicated to equipping students to meet the 21st century global opportunities and challenges with confidence, skill and passion. Hartselle City Schools is comprised of six campuses; three elementary, an intermediate, junior high and high school plus the Board of Education.
The learning experience begins at any one of our three "Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence in Education” award winning elementary schools serving students in classes Pre-K through fourth grade. First isBarkley Bridge Elementary School with approximately 320 students and 40 faculty and staff personnel. Barkley Bridge Elementary earned the "U.S. Department of Education 2011 National Blue Ribbon School" award. Next, the largest of the elementary campuses, Crestline Elementary School boasts an enrollment over 430 strong with a staff of 55 team members. Rounding out the elementary experience is F. E. Burleson Elementary School with enrollment of more than 380 students and 50 faculty and staff members. “F. E. B.” has been ranked in the top one hundred elementary schools in Alabama. April 2014 brought recognition to F.E.B. as the school earned the prestigious U.S. Department of Education National Green Ribbon Award. The U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon School Program is a federal recognition program that began in 2011 Honored schools exercise a comprehensive approach to creating "green" environments through reducing environmental impact, promoting health, and ensuring a high-quality environmental and outdoor education to prepare students with the 21st century skills and sustainability concepts needed in the growing global economy."
The student population is a tremendous representation of diversity in ethnicity and socioeconomic levels having approximately seven percent minority and 30% qualifying for free and reduced lunch programs. Specials services are available for students through the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (I.D.E.A.), Title I reading at the elementary level and Advanced Placement classes at the high school level. Hartselle City Schools offers a wide range of extracurricular activities and opportunities for participation in sports programs ranging from fishing to football.
Hartselle City Schools is blessed with outstanding community support; whether sporting events, concerts or pageants, festival or field day; family and friends come together to make each event an exciting experience for every student. Students have opportunities to participate in Community Theater events at the Hartselle Fine Arts Center and service projects with local churches and civic organizations.
We encourage you to visit the individual school websites to learn more about each of them. Feel free to contact us should you need additional information. You will quickly see why we are excited about Hartselle City Schools, Home of the Hartselle Tigers!
Hartselle City Schools – A high-quality education provided for approximately 3,200 students led by a devoted staff of 230 certified and 130 support team members. Hartselle City Schools earned District Accreditation from SACS/AdvancEd.
HARTSELLE HIGH SCHOOL (9-12)
HARTSELLE JUNIOR HIGH (7-8)
HARTSELLE INTERMEDIATE (5-6)
BARKLEY BRIDGE ELEMENTARY (P-4)
F.E. BURLESON ELEMENTARY (P-4)
CRESTLINE ELEMENTARY (P-4)
- Alabama Math, Science, and Technology Initiative (AMSTI) sites.
- Programs such as Leader in Me, Project Lead the Way, extended-day sessions, gifted courses, music in all grades, and third grade violin classes, are a few examples of why our standardized test scores are among the best in the State.
- All three elementary schools and Hartselle High School have earned the coveted Blue Ribbon Lighthouse School of Excellence status.
- Barkley Bridge Elementary was named a National Blue Ribbon School.
- F.E. Burleson Elementary was named a National Green Ribbon School and a CLAS Banner School.
- Junior high students have the opportunity to participate in high-achieving academic and extra-curricular activities. Students are able to get involved through art, shop, home and personal management, business education, clubs, and Student Leadership Teams.
- HJHS students have successfully competed at district, state, and national levels in Scholar’s Bowl, Stock Market games, Robotics, Toy Challenge, band, chorus, and sports.
- Hartselle Jr. High’s faculty has completed Stephen Covey’s “Seven Habits for Highly Effective People” and every student will complete this course before leaving eighth grade.
- Students in return are inspired to become involved within the community through various Key Club, Scouts, Student Ambassador, Tiger Buddies and other volunteer activities.
- According to Niche.com, Hartselle High School is the 10th ranked high school in the state and ranked #1 safest school in Alabama; Hartselle Jr. High is the 18th ranked Junior/Middle High; FE Burleson Elementary is the 30th ranked Elementary School; and Barkley Bridge Elementary is the 35th ranked Elementary School. In addition, Hartselle City Schools district is the 8th ranked system in Alabama.
- Hartselle High School, housed in our newest state-of-the art facility, was named to the College Board AP Honor Roll for such high student participation and success in the A+ College Ready Advanced Placement program. HHS offers advanced classes in all core areas as well as a wide variety of specified career path training approaches in Academies such as Engineering, Medical, Audio/Visual Technology, Education, Business/Marketing, Agriculture, Arts & Humanities, and Law, as well as our Virtual Academy and Career and Technical electives.
- Students consistently compete in regional and state competitions to receive superior ratings in Chorus and Band, while our competitive sports teams bring home such trophies as the State Championships in football, baseball, basketball, softball, wrestling, track, volleyball, and golf.
- Over 80% of our graduating seniors attend college, and seniors classes are consistently offered millions of dollars in college scholarships. HHS currently has 4 National Merit Semifinalist and 1 National Merit Commended student.
- The unique asset that sets Hartselle apart from other schools in the area is our parental and community support. With active PTO, PTSO, and Booster organizations in each school, adult participation is visible from listening to student readers in kindergarten to supportive crowds at high school sporting events – at home and away. Our community involvement is second to none!
- HCS schools have been recognized by US News and World Report, The Daily Beast, Blue Ribbon, Green Ribbon, and other state and national organizations as being one of the best in the state and nation.