Machine Operators - Manufacturing Line/ Lumber Yard - Sonoco
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – Sonoco truly is a special place.
Specifically at our Reels Operations (Wood and Steel) we are proud to be a part of the essential and critical supply chain that is supporting our country and local community with vital supplies.
Your health and safety are paramount to our operations, we are actively practicing social distancing and hygiene protocols in our facilities to protect you and your loved ones as we work.
These roles start out as Temporary to Permanent Hires, coming on board with our Staffing Partner Malone Services, you will build your foundation through successful completion of our Progression Performance Program over the next 90 days. You will receive regular feedback on your performance and we will seek your input on our processes as well. At 75-90 days your performance review results will be evaluated by Plant Management for conversion to a permanent Sonoco full time hire if the positions are available and you are selected for an offer.
We have been successful with our Progression Performance Program in converting many of our high performing skilled workers to permanent Sonoco hires over the past few years of practice in our Hartselle, AL location.
Safety is First in all that we do, Quality Always. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. You will have the ability to work with various teams and have a good problem-solving ability. You will take pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills, and attention to detail.
Please include your resume/work history, including good contact information and best time we can reach you in your cover letter. Hartselle.Recruiting@sonoco.com
MACHINE OPERATORS -NAIL WOOD PLANT -SONOCO PRODUCTS CO. - Hartselle, AL
General manufacturing position: This essential position forms the foundation of our operations and includes, but is not limited to tasks of operating tools and equipment safely and within quality standards, meeting daily team performance goals, problem solving / using root cause methodology and logic as well as teamwork and collaboration to continuously improve the process.
Starting wage is $13.00/hour. Positions are available for entry level through experienced on all three shifts: first 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm (.25/hr differential added), and 10pm to 6am (.34/hr differential added)
- 3 years of experience as a machine operator
- 2 years of experience setting up machines
- 3 years of experience with quality controls
- 2 years of experience conducting preventative maintenance
- Experience working in a continuous improvement culture
- Mechanically inclined
- Natural interest in understanding how things work
- Ability to take clear notes and develop instructions
- Motivated to achieve performance goals
- Basic understanding of root cause analysis
- Ability to work in plant environment (non-climate control: heat/cold, dust, etc.)
- Availability for shift work (8, 10, 12 hours as determined) and OverTime as needed.
Key Required Skills / Characteristic Traits:
Good Safety Record –
- Ability to understand and adhere to Safety policies and procedures
- Demonstrated attitudes and behaviors consistent with safe work practices
- Adherence to and compliance with set Quality standards and practices
- Desire to learn and employ continuous improvement tools and techniques in daily work
- Skill at building harmonious relationships with others
- Skill at following instruction and conveying information to peers on the line
- Establishing relationships to support improvement and efficiency of line operation
- Manufacturing experience operating automatic equipment including saws, banders, and other industrial machinery
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical and pneumatics
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to grasp a general knowledge of basic computer skills
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs and standing for long periods of time
- Be able to recognize and report unsafe conditions and mechanical problems with equipment such as loss of power, unusual noises, and abnormal readings on gauges and timers, oil leaks.
Hartselle Recruiting Team Email : Hartselle.Recruiting@Sonoco.com
“People Build Businesses” by doing the right thing.
Location: Sonoco Reels and Plugs, Nailed Wood/ Plywood Plant
1901 John D. Long Drive, Hartselle, AL 35640
Sonoco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OR apply on line directly at
Sonoco Products Company- Reels and Plugs DivisionHartselle Recruiting