Packer, Plugs Plant - Sonoco
PACKER, PLUGS PLANT
SONOCO PRODUCTS CO. - Hartselle, AL
$13.00 PER HOUR
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – Sonoco truly is a special place.
Specifically at our Reels Operations (Wood and Steel) we are proud to be a part of the essential and critical supply chain that is supporting our country and local community with vital supplies.
Your health and safety are paramount to our operations, we are actively practicing social distancing and hygiene protocols in our facilities to protect you and your loved ones as we work.
These roles start out as Temporary to Permanent Hires, coming on board with our Staffing Partner Malone Services, you will build your foundation through successful completion of our Progression Performance Program over the next 90 days. You will receive regular feedback on your performance and we will seek your input on our processes as well. At 75-90 days your performance review results will be evaluated by Plant Management for conversion to a permanent Sonoco full time hire if the positions are available and you are selected for an offer.
We have been successful with our Progression Performance Program in converting many of our high performing skilled workers to permanent Sonoco hires over the past few years of practice in our Hartselle, AL location.
Safety is First in all that we do, Quality Always. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. You will have the ability to work with various teams and have a good problem-solving ability. You will take pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills, and attention to detail.
Please include your resume/work history, including good contact information and best time we can reach you in your cover letter. Hartselle.Recruiting@sonoco.com
WE ARE HIRING for Day and Night Shift general manufacturing position. This essential position forms the foundation of our operation and includes, but is not limited to completion of tasks safely and within quality standards, meeting daily team performance goals, problem solving / using root cause methodology and logic as well as teamwork and collaboration to continuously improve the process. If you have a willingness to learn and an aptitude for hands on labor, come start your career with us!
Minimum Requirements- Must have the following to qualify for this role:
- Demonstrated stability/ longevity: 2 years Duration Within a Previous Job
- Willingness to work 12 hour shift: 6am to 6pm OR 6pm to 6am
- Previous Manufacturing Experience Preferred
- Prefer Experience working in a continuous improvement culture
This role will be focused on quality inspection of material and packing finished material into boxes to meet quality standards.
Must be capable of lifting up to 50lbs multiple times per day and standing for long periods of time
This position is scheduled on the following basis:
Work 2 days, off 2 days; Work 3 days, off 2 days; Work 2 days, off 3 days on a Two Week rotating basis. Includes working every other weekend.
Shifts start at 6am and 6pm and will be a duration of 12 hours, with paid breaks: Three 10 minute breaks and One 30 minute lunch break.
Starting salary is $13.00 per hour with PM/night shift premium add on at $0.34 per hour.
Full Time Direct Hire Position, Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits Life Insurance, and 401k participation available. Vacation pay available after successful completion of 90 day probationary period.
Key Required Skills / Characteristic Traits:
Good Safety Record –
- Ability to understand and adhere to Safety policies and procedures
- Demonstrated attitudes and behaviors consistent with safe work practices
- Adherence to and compliance with set Quality standards and practices
- Desire to learn and employ continuous improvement tools and techniques in daily work
- Skill at building harmonious relationships with others
- Skill at following instruction and conveying information to peers on the line
- Establishing relationships to support improvement and efficiency of line operation
- Natural interest in understanding how things work
- Ability to take clear notes and develop instructions
- Motivated to achieve performance goals
- Basic understanding of problem solving and root cause analysis
- Ability to work in plant environment (non-climate control: heat/cold, dust, noise, etc.)
- General knowledge of basic computer skills
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs and standing for long periods of time
- Ability to recognize and report unsafe conditions and mechanical problems
- Responsible for packing all finished product: large plugs or small plugs, as assigned.
- Meet customer’s quality and production expectations, final link in the Quality chain to meet specifications.
- Participation in and support of implementation of Sonoco Performance System & Manufacturing Basics
- Monitoring of plugs to ensure products are within established Quality specification limits.
- Cull product which does not meet specifications as needed.
- Adherence to Housekeeping standards of work area.
- Participation in schedule downtime maintenance days
“People Build Businesses” by doing the right thing.
Location: Sonoco Reels and Plugs, Plant C, 1901 John D. Long Drive, Hartselle, AL 35640
Sonoco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sonoco Products Company- Reels and Plugs DivisionHartselle Recruiting