What is an Ambassador
Ambassadors are a highly visible, prestigious group of volunteers who give their time to provide a crucial link between the Chamber, its members, and the community. Our Ambassadors are passionate about the Chamber, and their involvement not only benefits our organization, but their participation helps their own business exposure as well.
Ambassadors are an essential front-line representative of the Hartselle Area Chamber of Commerce at public and Chamber-sponsored events and help to ensure that all members receive the maximum benefit from their investment. They enjoy the rewards of making new contacts, strengthening relationships, and accessing a wealth of information and resources that lead the way to greatly enhancing any business or organization’s success.
Ambassadors serve primarily as the liaison between the Chamber staff and membership. Ambassadors attend and help execute Chamber functions and serve as “hospitality heroes” at events such as Breakfast and Business, Lunch and Learn, Hartselle After Hours, Ribbon Cuttings, Groundbreakings, and Grand Openings, as well as community events such as Depot Days and Serve Day.
They help raise awareness of Chamber activities and benefits to members and encourage meaningful and beneficial participation in the Chamber’s programs and events. Chamber Ambassadors also help to enlist new members in the Chamber and help new members be informed and involved. They serve as goodwill representatives of the Chamber at various community events throughout the year.
The Ambassador Program is very popular and consists of volunteers selected from within the Chamber membership. Ambassadors serve a term of one calendar year, beginning in January of each year. Ambassadors can continue to serve after the one-year term if agreed upon by the Ambassador, his/her employer, and the Chamber.
- LOVES Hartselle and desires to promote our city to businesses and individuals
- Enjoys hosting others and sharing “Hartselle Hospitality”
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage multiple priorities and projects
- Works independently and collaboratively with other Ambassadors and Chamber members
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills: Responds in a timely manner to email, telephone calls, text messages, or face-to-face inquiries
- Maintains a high degree of integrity and handles sensitive informational a confidential manner
- Works to resolve problems proactively and thoroughly
- Exercises flexibility to allow position to expand and job responsibilities to be modified
- Acts responsibly and is punctual, reliable, and pleasant
Ambassador Benefits & Privileges
- Unlimited opportunities to gain new business contacts and develop relationships with fellow and prospective Chamber members
- Recognition in the community as being the most valuable asset to the Chamber
- Regular promotion on HACC social media and other media channels
- Ambassador’s name, business, and photo will be featured on the Chamber website at www.hartsellechamber.com
- Each Ambassador will get a headshot from RAW Images
- Recognition in the May/June edition of Hartselle Living Magazine
- Quarterly luncheon provided with fun themes, networking opportunities, and business development training
- Opportunity to display business cards, brochures, and promotional information from their business at the monthly luncheon. Speaking opportunities will also be provided upon request prior to the meeting
- Ambassador will be provided HACC T-shirt, a nametag including their business name, and a HACC Ambassador Chamber Apparel Sportscoat
Member Care: Ambassadors will serve as the liaisons between the Chamber and its members. Each Ambassador will receive an assigned list of no less than 10 members to work with throughout the year. Ambassadors ideally will enjoy meeting and connecting with our membership and be willing and able to help each member maximize their Chamber membership. Our Ambassadors also welcome new businesses to the Hartselle area and extends the Chamber mission to area businesses that may be inactive or non-members.
Ways to care for members:
- Educate on membership
- Promote events
- Build relationships
- Cultivate networking opportunities
- Influence through social media
- Member pop-in visits
Hospitality: Ambassadors will assist with Chamber events throughout the year, including volunteering to help plan and execute the event. Ambassadors will serve as hosts for the event and help to ensure the event runs smoothly. Ambassadors ideally will enjoy meeting and connecting with people and have the time and energy to help make each Chamber event successful.
Ways to show hospitality:
- Event planning and set-up
- Event registration
- Event Service
- Post event support
Ambassador Executive Leadership Team:
- Ambassador President assists the Chamber Staff in effectively leading all Ambassador activities, with assistance of outgoing President & President Elect
- Secretary/President-Elect assists the Ambassador Chair and Chamber Staff in coordinating activities, including publishing of meeting minutes and agendas as well as assuming leadership functions in the absence of the Ambassador President.
- Member Care Captains assist member care efforts through Ambassador member assignments and activities such as member education, promoting events, building relationships, cultivating networking opportunities, influencing through social media, and member pop-in visits.
- Hospitality Captains lead hospitality efforts through Ambassador event assignments and activities such as event planning and set-up, event registration, event service, and post event support with showing gratitude to sponsors and attendees
- Submit an application and ensure payment of annual dues of $150 (see application for details.) Billed by HACC office staff in January.
- Wear approved clothing and name tag to all appropriate events; be neat and professional in appearance.
- Attendance Requirements
- Mandatory Ambassador Training Friday, January 20, 2023 (3 hours)
- Attend Ambassador Quarterly Meetings scheduled the 1st Wednesday of the 1st month of each quarter (except January)
- Serve as host at 6 Chamber events (SignUpGenius with dates will be provided in January of 2023.)
- Support 10 ribbon cuttings throughout the year. (Ribbon cuttings are scheduled monthly for 1st & 3rd Thursdays at 10am, and 2nd & 4th Wednesdays at 2pm.)
- Provide superior member care support to at least 10 members
- Serve as hostess at Chamber Annual Gala (last Saturday in April.)
- Serve as volunteers at Depot Days 2023 (3rd Saturday in September.)
- After 3 unexcused absences from Quarterly meetings or events, Ambassador may be dismissed from service
- RSVP for quarterly luncheons and other HACC events in a timely manner so that appropriate preparations can be made
- Read and respond to all HACC communications
If you cannot meet the minimum service requirements, let’s discuss other ways you can volunteer; please reach out to Chamber staff directly to discuss!!
Awards and Recognition
- Ambassador’s Point Participation System
- Quarterly recognition of outstanding service
- Each quarter during our Ambassador meeting, Team Captains will choose one Ambassador to be highlighted as outstanding service providers. These Ambassadors will not only be performing their essential duties as assigned each month, but also contributing to other Team initiatives as well. Each Ambassador chosen will receive a small token of appreciation valued at $10-$15.
- Ambassador of the Year
- Points are recorded each month to recognize one member each quarter for their volunteer efforts. All points earned during the year will apply to the Ambassador of the Year designation.
- Points will need to be recorded by each Ambassador and submitted to Team Captains each month for review.
- The Ambassador of the Year Award will be determined by a vote of the whole Ambassador committee. The top three point-achieving Ambassadors will be determined, and the “winner” will be chosen from among the top three. The committee’s choice will be based on criteria developed by the Ambassador President, Team Captains, Chamber Staff, and Board of Directors. This will take into account each Ambassador’s work in assisting with the mission of HACC to “advance the welfare of Hartselle and the surrounding area”. The Ambassador of the Year will be recognized at the Chamber's Annual Awards Dinner and receive a plaque, recognition through social media, the Hartselle Enquirer, HACC newsletter, and on HACC website.
- Quarterly recognition of outstanding service
- Ambassador’s Point Participation System
Deadlines and Recruitment
Recruitment for 2023 Ambassadors has begun! Click below for the online application. The recruitment period is October 5th through November 4th, 2022. The 2023 team will be announced November 16th. All applicants will need to be available for a brief interview by the Ambassador Executive Team as a part of the selection process, if needed.