Serve Day provides churches and organizations across Hartselle with opportunities to serve the community and share the love of God through practical acts of kindness. Our hope is that serving others becomes our focus throughout the year. Simple acts of selfless love can open hearts to Jesus, and together we can make a difference. This year’s Serve Day is taking place on July 10th.
How to participate in Serve Day 2021:
- Partner with the Chamber and other area organizations to host Serve Day through your organization.
Call (256) 773-4370 or email the Chamber at email@example.com to let us know your organization wants to be a part!
- Gathering and Organizing Volunteers
- Identify a leader that will serve as Volunteer Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator – serves as a recruiter of volunteers within their organization and a liaison between their team and the Chamber
- Send Volunteer Coordinator to attend a mandatory organizational meeting (next meeting TBD)
- Identify a leader that will serve as Project Manager
- Project Manager – a leader who plans service projects that fit your organization and that your organization would like to complete (see https://serveday.com/ for ideas)
- Send Project Manager to attend a mandatory organizational meeting (next meeting TBD)
- Promote Serve Day and sign up volunteers within your organization.
- For each volunteer, we will need to know:
- Name, phone number, and email
- T-shirt size
- Skills and limitations
- Submit your completed volunteer list to Jaime Hatcher firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Daxton Maze email@example.com by July 1st
- Identifying projects
- Under Project Manager’s direction, plan service projects that fit your organization and that your organization would like to complete (see https://serveday.com/ for ideas)
- Assign your volunteers to projects
- Identify Site Coordinators to work with Project Managers to oversee individual projects
- Identify materials needed to complete projects
- Submit your project ideas and materials list to the Hartselle Serve Day Project Team by emailing Jaime Hatcher or Jenny Denton (firstname.lastname@example.org) for review and approval by June 17th.
For more information, please contact any one of our Serve Day leaders:
Jaime Hatcher – Hartselle Area Chamber of Commerce email@example.com (615) 767-1352
Daxton Maze – Lead Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny Denton – Lead Project Coordinator email@example.com